Employment Equity in South Africa - deadline approaching fast!
CHA Consulting are experts in the development and implementation of Employment Equity Plans and submission of required reports. We will guide you through the process and make sure that Employment Equity in your organisation meets the requirements of the Act, and supports the growth and success of your business.
Avoid penalties - Contact CHA Consulting and ensure that your company complies with the Employment Equity Act and meet the Department of Labour's deadline of 1 October - contact us today!
5 important facts about Employment Equity in South Africa
- If your company has more than 50 employees (or a turnover above the designated threshold) you are required to have an Employment Equity Plan and report in line with the requirements of the act by 01 October.
- You are required to develop your Employment Equity Plan in consultation with your employees.
- The Employment Equity Commission is taking action against companies who fail to comply with the requirements of the Employment Equity Act.
- You are required to appoint a Senior Manager to ensure that Employment Equity is implemented within your organisation.
- The Department of Labour does random inspections to ensure compliance with the Act and fines (starting at R500 000) can be issued for non-compliance with the Act.
What is the purpose of the Employment Equity Act in South Africa?
The purpose of the Employment Equity Act in South Africa is:
- To promote equal opportunities and fair treatment to all in the workplace by eliminating unfair discrimination; and
- To implement affirmative action measures to redress the disadvantages in employment experienced in the past by members from designated groups.
For more information on employment equity in South Africa, contact CHA Group today!